Sunday, September 29, 2013

Orange & Chocolate Fudge



I love to make fudge, so it makes sense that my first post is a recipe for fudge. I have never made this version, but as I was walking around Walmart I saw the bag of Orange and Semisweet Morsels, and thought to myself orange and chocolate would make a great fudge. Also it is great for Halloween. Me and my mom tasted this recipe and it taste just like those chocolate Oranges that you get for Christmas.

2 bags- Semisweet and Orange Morsels 
3/4 bag- Butterscotch Morsels 
1/4 bag- Hersey Special Dark Chocolate Chips
2 cans- Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tbs- Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tbs- D'Orange Extract 

First step is the split up the orange and Semisweet chips.
You will need two pots the achieve this recipe. In one pot put 1 1/4 can of the condensed milk with the vanilla, in the other put the rest of the 3/4 can of milk and the d'orange. Heat on LOW heat until bubbling. 
In the pot with the 1 1/4th once it is bubbling put in the butterscotch, Semisweet, and Dark Chocolate. Stir until completely melted.
In the other pot put in the Orange Morsels and stir until completely melted.
Pour the chocolate mixture in first then pour the Orange on top to create the layered look.
Let sit, it is best to put it in the refrigerator for an hour. Cut, serve and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment